Significant Dates

Significant dates in the life of the church

1903

Schoolmaster's house built.

1924

Cornerstone laid.

1926

Church dedicated.
Schoolmaster's house becomes vicarage.

1935

Vicarage extended.

1947

Lych Gate built (2nd World War Memorial)

1967

Church Hall Opened.

1992

Church Hall Chapel refurbished and Consecrated by the Bishop of Whitby.

1996

70th Anniversary Flower Festival.

2005

The Millennium Garden Consecrated by the Bishop of Whitby.

2007

The new church extension blessed by the Archbishop of York, the Most Revd and Rt Hon Dr John Sentamu.

2014

Vicarage and Old School sold.
House in Gypsy Lane puchased as a replacement Vicarage.

2016

90th Anniversary Celebrations.

2018

Major refurbishment of the Hall.