Giving to St Mary's
St Mary's is entirely dependent upon donations, fund raising activities and the fees for weddings and funerals to enable it to carry out its work.
As a registered charity the church is able to claim back the tax paid on donations where a gift aid declaration has been made or on cash donations less than £30.
There are a number of ways in which donations can be made:
- Regular giving via Standing Order. This is very helpful to the church, as it allows us to plan ahead more effectively. Bank details and Gift Aid forms are available from the Church Treasurer [Contact]
- Cash donations in envelopes. Envelopes are available at church services or at any other time from the Church Treasurer and provide space for a Gift Aid declaration to be made if appropriate.
- Cash donations at services. Cash donations can be placed onto the Offertory Plate, normally at the end of each service.
- Use of the Card Reader at the church. This accepts most credit and debit cards, and is completely secure.
- On-line donation. By visiting the St Mary's page of the 'Give A Little' website, which may be accessed by clicking on the Donate button below. No personal data is collected, and you will not be contacted by the church at a later date.